9/2011 Selection: Madeleine L'Engle, "A Wrinkle in Time"

I am not saying the book should be read because I haven’t read it yet. But has anyone here read it and if so is it good?

One of my very favorite books. I reread it every other year or so and always find something new. I definitely recommend it!

I know it’s too late for now, and some might find it a little childesh. There’s something about the book “A Winkle In Time” by Madeleine L’Engle. A mixture of math, physics, good and evil, etc. A good story about a social outcast who matches up with the popular person to go and do a good deed while bonding. True it is closer to Fantasy, but you can find parallels in modern science fiction stories.

Audra and Chuck gave this book a shout-out recently, in 'cast #189 I think. My interest be piqued.

I haven’t read this book since the third grade. I would certainly be interested in re-reading it. In fact I am pretty sure my original copy is sitting at my Mother’s house. Win-win.

It’s not bad. I’m also half convinced that the television series Lost is a modern interpretation of it.

You’d make Audra very happy if you selected this! She’s a huge fan, and I’ll bet she’d be up for some discussion of it.

The Book Club selection for September and October is Madeleine L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time!

Nothing is hopeless; we must hope for everything.

SPOILERS AHEAD