#7: Generic Drunken Podcast

Yep, it’s that time of week again. The time where we eff. We eff it all up, you know, with Juan live in the studio for one last time this year. Your Eff This Week crew this week: Chuck, Audra, and Juan. Highlights: We’re here. Yeah, you heard me.

Direct Download
Blog Post

As mentioned in the 'cast:

//youtu.be/gnDzPQa2pkQ

What a cool time! My first ‘cast live listen and chat and at 4 in the morning to boot! My 14 year old (Quix) got up and jumped in on my login to tell the gang howdy…then went right back to bed. Good times. Just so everyone is clear…trying to laugh and participate in a rockin’ chat when the house is pitch black and quiet is harder to do than you might think!

Solai.
Solai.
Solai.
Solai.
Solai.

Ready for the next one!

-Trey

I have to say that I only just realised that Rowan Actkinson was the bird (I watched it the other day with my son), but it was a mixture of how the bird looks and his voice. The music is also outstanding esp the morning chorus chant, man that sends chills through me (even now as I type this), it’s so powerful.

The association is because I’ve seen the stage show which is EXCELLENT. Seeing the presentation of simba with the animals going through the audience, the surround sound like effect you get is so aural perfect and the thump that ends the song is just wow. They also move the same as they do in the cartoon.

I do have to say that the Lion King is the one of the few that can make this 33 year old male well up with tears (it’s dust honest), the main point is when Simba doubts himself and his father appears to him and he sings the song (He lives in you). Dammit to Crom - I’ve got dust in my eye again as I type grrr

I think now that I am a father, it hits home alot more…

I think the music is so powerful that you can’t help but be moved by it (IMHO)…Anyway, I need to clean, this room is so dusty!

The other film is the ending of Ghost when he’s just about to go to heaven (yeah, I know - Lame)