6.12 - Everybody Loves Hugo

Ahh, good to know. Am going to listen to the cast right now.

Another great episode.

Iliana becomes one in a very long row of new people who has been introduced to us only to be killed off a short while later. But at least her exit was probably the most unexpected so far. I couldn’t help but laugh when she did the Arzt. You would think Hurley would have warned her.

This show apparently loves blowing up anything that can be used for transportation. The freighter, the raft, the submarine, all blown up before they could rescue anybody. Now Richard didn’t succeed in blowing up the plane but instead we saw the Black Rock finally ended it’s journey. I guess the 815 plane blew up too, it looked like some kind of explosion that made it split in two.

So awesome to see Hurley and Libby have their date at the beach. Desmond and Penny are my favorite Lost couple, but Hurley and Libby are a close second. I didn’t expect to see her again as Darlton has said several times that her story was over, but of course that was before we knew they were all going to have two stories.

I’m not going to believe Desmond is dead until it is confirmed but since he lives on in the other timeline anyway it could be possible that they indeed killed him off. I was definitely caught by surprise when Locke threw him down the well. When he started driving towards Locke in the alternate universe I first figured he was going to show him the other universe by giving him a near death experience like Charlie did to him. So far it seems like the two ways to cross over is by finding your true love or almost dying. But the look on Desmond’s face when he drove off I thought told a different story, he looked angry, he didn’t look like someone who had tried to help Locke but like someone who had just gotten revenge for being thrown down a well. I believe that ever since we last saw Desmond when he met Penny at the stadium and had passed out, he has known exactly what was going on in both worlds.

I’m still confused as to where this is headed though. I kind of expected from the start that there would be a merging of the two timelines at some point, but I expected it to happen much sooner. And the thing that probably bothers me most of all is that I can’t come up with any good theory as to what exactly will happen when they merge. Will one cease to exist in favor of the other, and in that case which one? Both worlds have people that aren’t alive in the other world and then what happens to them. And most importantly what does any of that have to do with Jacob and MIB.

As for the kid in the woods I just now thought of a new theory which has a few flaws but might work. I thought of Jacob from the first time we saw him with blood on his hands. If he really is Jacob, here is what I think happened. Jacob was reincarnated on the island almost immediately. He is still just a kid but grows up faster than a regular human being. Until he has grown up he doesn’t have his powers, but as soon as he does he can once again stop MIB from leaving the island. So MIB knows he only has a short window of time to get away and that combined with the fact he hates Jacob, is why he gets so irritated every time he sees the kid and sees how he has grown. The biggest flaw is that this would mean the candidate system is useless because he doesn’t need a replacement, but maybe it is more of a substitute, someone to take care of the Island and keep MIB on it untill he is back at full strength.

So close to the end and I still can’t figure out how it is all going to end. That is why Lost is so great.