#51: Mophie Juice Pack, Small Problem Solutions

Chuck relates the woes of a nearby electrical strike. We review the Mophie Juice Pack Plus (and Air) iPhone battery cases. And Juan shares some of his awesome solutions to little problems around his office, including a low-buck fix for Bluetooth Magic Mouse connection woes, a cheap (but awesome) wireless keyboard (the Logitech K360, $30), and some little USB fans to cure stagnant air at work.

Direct Download
Blog Post

I used a Mophie Juice pack all the time until mine broke. It was being charged and fell on the floor breaking the USB jack in the unit making it unable to charge anymore. I had mine constantly on my iPhone until then, and never turned it off. The phone ran on the pack until the battery ran out then ran on the phone’s internal battery after that. After it broke, the local Buy More didn’t have it in stock for the 3S anymore so I got an external battery charger that is nice and holds a longer charge but no where near as good as the Mophie. I actually had a second battery case from another company that was almost as good as the Mophie, and whould swap them out, so for a long time, my phone rarely if ever ran on it’s own internal battery.

I have to admit that since I’ve been back I’ve been using the Mophie pack every day. I use the iPhone to track my runs in the morning, so it gets a good hour-and-a-half of locations services active and no sleep while strapped to my arm. That plus some morning browsing leaves me around 60-70%. I’m at 30% by lunchtime. So I slap the Mophie on if I need to charge while still using the phone.