#42: Juan Chooses a Tablet

That’s right — Juan finally stepped up and chose his tablet. We share our detailed personal process for selecting the perfect gear, a process you, too, can follow to make sure that when you throw down the big bucks you get something that’ll serve your purposes well for years to come.

Direct Download
Blog Post

Coincidentally, I picked up my new ipad coming through duty-free in Sydney airport today from a New Zealand business trip.

I am upgrading from a gen-1 (one too many crashes and overall clunkiness and the new retina display looked too good to pass up). Same model as Juan: 64gb+3g (no 4g available in Oz).

My experience with the previous gen (64gb w 3g) taught me this was the right move, so Juan’s made the right call.

Looks like the transfer from gen-1 to gen-3 is pretty easy via icloud (via the process described here: http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/16/transfer-old-ipad-to-new-ipad/

I’ll update here if I have any grief with the changeover…

gaf

All you iPad 3 owners are making me jealous! I only have an iPad 2. :frowning:

Mine’s the original model.

What can I say… The icloud upgrade method was seamless. SEAMLESS! It would seem these apple bods know a thing or two…

Still on Gen 1 here. Not looking to upgrade yet (though that screen on the 3 is darn tempting). If I get anything Apple this year it will be either a new Macbook Air or an iPhone5. Both would be nice but those funds are not in the cards(or WebOS :stuck_out_tongue: ).