#353: A Christmas Reboot

In this penultimate GWC Christmas episode, we re-think everything that makes our holidays what they are. We re-cast and reboot some of our favorite Christmas movies (read: Seth Rogen and Amy Poehler as the new Griswolds), remake some of our favorite Christmas songs (Swedish EDM, anyone?), and re-think some of our hallowed Christmas traditions. Also, we run down the Week in Geek, checking out the trailer for Guillermo del Toro’s 2013 sci-fi/action flick Pacific Rim, which will feature…wait for it… giant robots battling giant monsters from the ocean! Oh yes. It will be ours.

Direct Download
Blog Post

WKRP … More News and Les Nessman ( OG Comedy)

//youtu.be/lf3mgmEdfwg

“The Pine Dale shopping mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at 11.” – Dr. Johnny Fever

OB

regarding Christmas Scifi that doesn’t exist ( but should ) I submit the following 3 words …

Firefly Christmas Special!

Oh the possibilities :slight_smile:

And to all a good night.

OB

I was at work listening to the podcast and loved your idea of Holiday
reboots so i thought Id share my recast

Christmas Vacation Reboot

Clark Griswald: Ben Stiller
Ellen Griswald: Tina Fey
Clark Sr: Tim Conway
Nora: Carol Burnett
Art: Jerry Stiller
Ellens Mom (cant remember her name): Doris Roberts
Eddie: John C Reilly
Catherine: Kristen Wiig
Uncle Lewis: Abe Vigoda
Aunt Bethany: Betty White
All kids: open casting call
Snobby neighbors: Johnny Galecki and Juliette Lewis
Clarks Boss: Chevy Chase

Love your podcast. Keep up the great work and Happy Holidays

For our family tradition, we always play The Chieftain’s “Bells of Dublin” Christmas album while we decorate the tree. My favorite is Elvis Costello singing “St. Stephen’s Day Murders”. Much better than Burl Ives.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bells-Dublin-Chieftains/dp/B000003F53/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356888664&sr=8-1&keywords=%22Bells+of+Dublin%22

Hear hear! “St. Stephen’s Day Murders” is a great one! Welcome aboard!

Been a while since I’ve watched it, but I can see Steve Carell as Clark Griswold, Anna Paquin as Ellen,
the neighbors I can see Dylan McDermott and Calista Flockhart

I have to agree that John C. Reilly would be a great Eddie, and I can see (but can’t name) Eddie’s wife.

For Clark’s boss, I could actually see Colm Meaney. I could also see Chevy Chase as Clark Sr.

Vote for your favorite GWC Podcast 353 quote(s). This poll will close on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:02 AM.