#3: Clash of the Titans

We talk relationships in this week’s awesome Eureka episode Clash of the Titans. We take listener calls. And we dig into some fun discussions: the affect of limitations on creativity, what might’ve happened to Taggert in Eureka’s new timeline, and how the monetization of TV might change to accommodate shows supported by a large audience – that’s not big enough to fund more episodes in today’s system.

Direct Download
Blog Post

I was just recently reflecting on the change in pricing between VHS and DVDs. Namely, when I was probably 13 or 14 I went into the Suncoast motion picture company and bought an episode of TNG on VHS - as I recall, It cost me $25. I’m very pleased that technology has moved forward enough that we don’t face that kind of prohibitive cost to experience a show on demand.

Another great podcast guys! Thanks to Juan for the shout-out! I was going to put a pic of Carter in his gym shorts or of his trashed jeep, but I couldn’t find any good ones. Then I saw Carter traffic cop and was like “Perfect!”. Actually, a Carter traffic cop might make a good action figure… don’t you think?

The discussion about the affordability/accessibility of TV shows got me thinking. I recently ordered a copy of “The Lost Room” miniseries. How about an arc(s) covering some miniseries? I already posted it under Podcast Arc Suggestions here.

Oh, Audra! I’m the opposite re: names - I’m much better at remembering say everything else except my students’ names. Characters in books? got it. warm bodies in my classroom? I struggle, particularly when out-of-context (hello professor at the grocery store? panic time!)

also, re: action figures:

1. Jo. Because she’s badass.
  2. Zane without a shirt.
  3. Allison in every outfit she has that I WANT (and in one case, that green dress from the S2 premiere (?), a dress I have!)
  4. Andy with removable parts for all the crazy injuries he’s had over the years.