#274: Memory Part I, FSL 3.0 Intro, Fireball Tim

I should like to recommend, “We Can Remember It For You, Wholesale” by Phillip K. Dick (which, as I’m sure everyone knows, was the basis for “Total Recall”). For my own FSL team, I’m leaning towards The Tick and Dr. Horrible for the heroes with Barry and Captain Hammer as their nemeses. Spoooooonnn! I have a PhD in horribleness! More on that later.

Look sir, Droids!

http://juandrew.com/ringtones/Look-A-Penny.m4r

Heh, Juan.

Just checked, and sigh, PSN Asia is still down for us here. And… LBP and Infamous (which would be the freebies I’d choose) aren’t included with the package offered for SEAsia. You’d think we’d get better games for being Sony’s last geographic priority for its blunder, but, not so much: Let’s see. We get to pick 4 games instead of just 2, but the game choices are: The Last Guy, Come on, LocoRoco!!, Trashbox, Hustle King, and the only title I remotely have heard of in the list- Wipeout HD. 2 $15 games > 4 $5 games, SONY.

Movies:

Memento
Paycheck
Johnny Mnemonic
Total Recall
Dark City
Bourne Identity
Manchurian Candidate
Memory
A Wind Named Amnesia (Anime)
Afterlife
Butterfly Effect
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Gothika
Pandorum
Rashomon
Spellbound
Vanilla Sky
Brain Candy
Unknown (2006)
Conspiracy Theory
Long Kiss Goodnight
Unknown (2011)

TV:

Dollhouse
Life on Mars
John Doe*

All I can come up with right now, sure I missed a few…

Sony, they bailed on E3; that can’t be a good sign. When TWIT Live was there the entire Sony Demo area was closed down, whats up wit dat?

I used this for the first time tonight. Woah. First, crazy that this has gone from something super expensive to something that FB can add for free without asking us first in a relatively short period of time. Second, amazing that it got about 90% of the faces it tagged right. Third, hilarious that it tagged a funny photo of Miss Manners as my friend Laura. Still haven’t stopped laughing about that.

I love playing as a biotic in ME2 also. How god-like you are as a biotic depends on difficulty level. If you play on anything easier than hardcore, most enemies have no armors/shields/barriers so all of your abilities toss people around like a rag doll. The waves of husks are nothing to even a weak shockwave. On hardcore, everything has at least one form of armor, shields, or barrier and your abilities are far less god-like. You’re forced to actually fight off the husks and you tend to choose your team by who you expect to fight, i.e. fire for armor, overload for shields, etc… Not knocking it though. Some times I go back and play at a slightly easier setting just so I can be a god like that.