#263: 2011 Community Meetup Live Audience Podcast

This week we’re joined by the best guest ever: a room full of the GWC community! We introduce our next arc, the idea non-interference (known to Trek fans as the prime directive). And we run down the week in geek with lots and lots of heckling — and maybe a little too much 12-year-old Irish whiskey. Thanks again to everyone who spent their hard-earned cash to travel to Texas and spend a weekend with friends new and old.

Direct DownloadBlog Post

seanscream :groucho:

It was great fun to listen to live (even if we couldn’t hear the audience very clearly), I’m very much looking forward to hearing it again :slight_smile:

I have whiskey.

~Shooter Out

no whiskey…guess I’ll have to do some Jaeger

I would have bought you a drink if you were there this weekend. Missed ya buddy! Next year?

Wish I was there, but then again I did have a bit of fun this past weekend.

Just read the little bit of Sean’s new comic Heroes in Mind it looks seriously cool can’t wait to read more of it! Keep it coming Sean :smiley:

Can you explain Heroes in Mind? I just did a search for it and couldn’t find anything about it online.

Yes, yes I can.

First, you couldn’t find anything about it online cuz most of it is still sitting in my head :slight_smile:

The sample found at heroesinmind.com is a teaser for the series of comic stories that I have written about how it might come to pass that a real A.I. is born.

I’ve had this story rolling around my head since jr high but I’m finally putting it down where other people can see it now. It’s what might happen if a gaming company built an A.I. then plugged it into a bunch of gamers brains through a gaming engine and let it feel and think with us. It centers around 4 gamers and their progress through the fantasy style MMO that the A.I. was constructed to run.

The first solid 35 page issue will be out soon but I need to recover from meetup madness :smiley:

Thanks for asking!

Listening to the cast now and it sounds like everybody is having a great time.

I checked out the comic and it seems interesting. I can almost hear Sean speaking the words when I’m reading it. There’s a certain style in the writing that is hard to define, but easily recognizable as Sean when you’ve listened to lots of GWC podcasts.

Great cast - sorry for my spelling mistakes on twitter (Re: Audra Dong Report)… Anyhow - great atmosphere and it was good to listen to the audience.

Deffo keep the twitter for next year as it made the community seem closer for those that couldn’t be there.

Also checked out the flickr pool - very cool tats and that R2D2 looked awesome.

Someone was there in a Rodney McKay costume? :smiley: I’ve thought about getting/making one, but never got around to it.

That typo (Audra’s Dong Report) got a lot of laughs! And thanks to Uubergeek for bringing his R2D2 to the meetup for a short while! He brought it unfinished to last year’s meetup.

That someone was Juan. :smiley:

Relistened to the cast passively this time, good to hear the quality comments from the audience. I’m glad to hear everyone was having as much fun as we were on the other side of the twitter screen. :smiley:

OSSIM! Nice teaser. :smiley:

And didn’t Chuck say during the cast the Cookies-N-Beer will be active again in the future? If so, ummm “You’ve got Spam!” in the comments. I, the Spaminatrix, am willing to don leather and a hammer/whip/chain (your choice) to eliminate it.

You sure created a lot of cover bands that night! :smiley:

I created nothing! I heard people mentioning coverband names and simply documented them.

Seriously, how could “Beefy Goodness” be anything but a Kid Rock coverband name?

Darn…I was hoping they would play in Peoria! Bwahahahaha!

It could be a Beefy coverband.

//youtu.be/mi_ftK7bWxM