#24: Best Gym Music Player, Long Term Data Storage

We share our experiences in selecting a high quality, inexpensive music player for the gym — choosing one you might not expect. We answer a listener call asking about the best storage medium for long-term data archival. And Juan tells us a little about his recent Kinect interactions.

Direct Download
Blog Post

Thanks for answering my questions guys :slight_smile:

First post on GWC!
Not sure if this is the correct thread for my question but I’ll give it a shot.
I started transferring my family’s old 8 mm video cam corder (looks like a small VHS tape) videos to DVD using a Diamond Multimedia One-Touch Video Capture device. The old cam corder only has RCA jacks for output. This Video Capture device sent the video and audio to a USB cable which I then connected to a Windows laptop and captured the feed.
Now I have an iMac and would like to continue this effort using the Mac. Does anyone know of a good way to get the video and audio signal captured to the Mac?

Welcome aboard! Did you listen to the 8mm/VHS conversion episode? Check it out here…

http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showthread.php?14809-26-VHS-Conversion-Story-PS3-Analog-Sticks

Thanks Ferris, I did listen to that episode but I’ll give it another listen. That particular cast was what got me thinking again about doing something about our vids of the kids when they were babies. Need to save those tapes by digitizing them so the kids can view them when they get old!
Thanks again!