#229.5: San Diego Comic Con Bonus

In this bonus podcast two other San Diego Comic Con attendees, Ryan Gallagher from CriterionCast (criterioncast.com) and Stephen Johnson of New Brew Thursday (newbrewthursday.com), join me for a podcaster roundtable discussion on con experiences. Note: If this is your first GWC podcast, you might want to back up and give 229 a listen to get the full experience!

Direct DownloadBlog Post

I didn’t go to SDCC and didn’t get to follow it via the internets last week, so this is really nice to have. Thank you much!

Great bonus cast! Thanks Chuck, Stephen, and Ryan for sharing some of your experiences with this year’s SDCC with the rest of us who weren’t there.

Those days were a blast, but wish I had been less sick. Ahh well, still had a great time.

I’m just glad you came out of it with two iPhones! :smiley: Sorry you weren’t at 100%.

It was a great time, wasn’t it?

Pics from BKitty and me are up on the GWC Flickr Pool. If anybody has SDCC pics to add, go for it.

Thanks for uploading your pics! They’re (and bkitty’s) OSSIM!

When Chuck mentioned Matt Fraction’s amazing talk at w00tstock, I remembered that Warren Ellis, an amazing English comic book writer, linked to his talk online.

The w00tstock guys, Wil, Adam, Paul & Storm always release their shows under creative commons so people are allowed to record audio and video.

Here’s the link.

http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=10121

YEah good for you, had I been normal I would have demanded money for that free coffee!!!

DEMANDED IT!! J/k

Speak of the Tron trailer, if we have to wait for the movie, can we at least have the score/soundtrack now, please? Or would that be a spoiler?

I’m not sure if this falls in the category of movies/TV or Comic Books (perhaps both) but Marvel did have the major announcement on Saturday at SDCC of the four new anime series on G4 in 2011. (X-men, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Blade). So maybe it adds a little to the counter argument that SDCC isn’t totally being taking over by movies. What do you think Hive Mind? (Chuck too if you see this).

Can’t remember when Audra said this, but here goes… heheh… :

//youtu.be/9ni4A5SHq38

ok, the heading of the clip read , “Chuck gone wild” … i have no idea, really, what’s going on here ~_~ (embarrassed now)