#228.5: Pre-SDCC Bonus w/Matt Fraction

In this short bonus podcast Audra and Chuck take a few moments to discuss W00tstock (and a seriously crazy San Diego Comic Con schedule) with comic author Matt Fraction. Plus, we take some pre-SDCC listener calls. If this is your first GWC podcast, check out #228 for a full 2+ hour ‘cast, or check out #229 out this Saturday!

Direct DownloadBlog Post

Nothin’ twixes my nethers more than an unannounced bonus podcast!

Thanks guys!

I got the not going to Comic-con once again blues envy

Meh. It’ll be hot and crowded and filled with too many dorks who don’t bathe and shit.

upper lip trembles slightly

WE’LL BE FINE!

Plus all the restaraunts will be totally crowded.

wipes tear falling from left eye

I NEED A HUG!

And the food’ll be overpriced… and we’d have waited in a long line and not gotten into the panel we wanted anyways…

No, no… go on without us… We have interesting…knitting…to do…

::sniffle::

I didn’t wanna go anyways.

Butthead: Uhhhhhh, what’s a Comma Con?

Beavis: Is that like, for English teachers or something?

Butthead: Excuse me sir, your Participle is dangling… he he he.

Beavis: Oh why thank you, by the way your colon is showing… snicker snicker

Well done sir.
I’ve always said that my brother and his friend Brian could sue Mike Drudge for copyright infringement if they could ever produce footage of themselves back in high school.

I wish all GWCer’s going to San Diego the very best, and hope that all of you have a ‘Double Rainbow’ experiance while there at ComicCon…:smiley:

//youtu.be/OQSNhk5ICTI

All the Way!

Another great PHD Comics on this subject. Comic discussion on folklore origins, translinear temporality, whether or not superheros are mythic, postmodernism, and new ways of communication in comics, as a form in which the audience participates in the communication. I think Jorge is rather brilliant here, using comics in individual panels to raise some rather deep scholarly issues about the nature of comics themselves.