2013 Browncoat Ball - October 5th - Phoenix, AZ

We in the Order have noted a lot of out-of-area interest in the Browncoat Ball in October, and thought, what the hell, let’s make a meetup weekend out of it.

Information about the Ball itself can be found here: http://browncoatball.com/2013/

The Ball itself is on Saturday, October 5th. While the AZ Browncoats are hosting a series of events all weekend, we’ve been buying ball-only tickets so that we can have our own weekend plans.

I know there was some interest among the Dallas crowd, and would like to get a good idea of who is really interested in coming out to spend the weekend in sunny AZ with some pretty cool peoples.

This post will update with more solid information as we get an idea of how many people are interested. Something we’ve discussed outside of the standard block of hotel rooms is the possibility of renting a house, depending on numbers and costs. With the right number of people, it’ll cost less per person than a weekend at a hotel like the Aloft.

04/08 Update: Hey you want this rental house? Cheaper than adoption!
The plan as it stands now is to get the house Friday-Monday. It sleeps 14, we currently have (I think) 11 people. If need be we can make floor space for more! This is going to cost each person (at our current numbers) right around $100 for the entire weekend. Plus we plan on bringing in groceries and cut down on food costs by not eating out every meal.

Also, there will be no need for boxing up booze to move from room to room.

Also also, Early October in this area is still pool weather, and yes, there is a pool. Plan accordingly!

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p433346vb?utm_source=NL&utm_medium=email&utm_term=20130407&utm_content=propertyid_text_o_loth&utm_campaign=VRBOOwnerInquiry

Additional note- if you have not done so, please take a minute to fill out this form the very fantastic Juan put together to help us organize things. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gZ5O11dyGJ13z7_MYchSeSnbwPCwTyQbIHo4pOK4QO8/viewform08/28 Update!
House plans fell through. Further details to follow.

The hotel for the ball is nice, but the section of town it’s in doesn’t really lend itself to walking around in search of 2 am eats. I think the idea of a different hotel (downtown Phoenix comes to mind) or renting a house in better geography for walking or pub crawls is a great idea. There’s no reason to be anywhere near the Ball hotel for anything accept the Ball.

I am coming, ball ticket is alreaxy purchased! Huzzah!

I’m planning to fly in Friday & return the next Thursday or Friday. My current plan is to stay with Kirokai, visit with the Phoenix crew as well as other friends who live in the area while I’m there. The only definite thing I have planned is the ball on Saturday.

Dawn, I am thinking near Mill or Old Town Scottsdale would be better for hotels. In fact, near Mill would be great because people can take the light rail right to the Ball, thus solving potential transportation shortages.

Got my ticket to the ball, still working out flight/hotel details. Hurrah!

AAhh!!!

Phoenix downport is being invaded!

I bought my ticket this morning, just working on flights and vacation time.

I’ve got my ticket! Just gonna have to start watching flights and working on a costume… Still can’t decide if I want to go steampunk or more Kaley ball gown style just because I’d never wear one otherwise… Hm… Can’t wait to see the Order of the Phoenix in their natural state :smiley:

PHRASING :groucho:

Layercake!

Got my ticket. Now got to figure out how to get there.

Remember, it is a Browncoat Ball; not purple. :smiley:

Yes, SIR, Cap’n Tightpants!

Well, I’m not going to buy a whole new Zoot suit for the occasion. I’m going to try to Firefly the outfit as much as possible. High heel boots instead of cheetah print shoes. Top hat instead of fedora. Gonna add a sash a la Sir Warwick.

I can see you as Sir Warwick Harrow, that would be a good look for you. If all goes well I shall see you there, in all your glory…

I’m in. Most likely will do Thu-Mon for flight pricing, but we’ll find out.

The hub and I have bought our tickets!!

Count us in!! WOOHOO!!

Update first post!

So… I’ve been in the hospital for a week… do we not have that rental house anymore?

I spent too much at SabotenCon, and now life has gotten in the way. It looks like I won’t be able to be there… Sorry folks.