#18: YouTube's New UI/Chiptune Magic

We talk about YouTube’s user interface makeover and what it might mean for the overall Google social strategy. We geek out over an Apple II-based drum sequencer for chiptune composers. We get distracted by an awesome eBay Apple II auction. And we run down the basics of recent YouTube Content ID profiteering.

Direct Download
Blog Post

Juan,

Thanks for the mention of the “Sound Hound” app again. Now that I have a iPhone I was trying to remember the name of that app. Now I have it! Thanks for the mention!

~Shooter Out

Shootette runs Cross Country and Track, Shooter Jr plays ice hockey and Little Shootette plays soccer and performs competition cheer/dance. A few years ago I ventured from the Sony Cybershot point and shoot to a Cannon Rebel XS (EOS) with an EFS 18-55mm (0.25m/0.8ft) and a 75-300mm zoom lens (1:4-5.6)to try and capture some of these moments.

Currently, the setup is mostly used to capture action pictures of Shooter Jr’s shots and goals against in hockey rinks. I’m mostly using the 75-300 mm zoom lens set at 800 ISO and F4.0 which “barely” works.

I’m getting interested in upgrading my equipment to get better quality pictures but don’t have a ton of cash to spend. Are there any photo gurus around that have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

~Shooter Out

Giggity

//youtu.be/Tfi8fT9oHkQ