10,000th Post

Holy crap, this is the 10,000th forum post.

When we first started the forum a few months ago, we were concerned how it would work out. Let me just be completely clear when I say:

The forum has worked out incredibly.

I’ve met more cool, interesting, contrary, and awesome people here in the last few months than I ever imagined I would, and I want to thank everyone very, very much for the experience so far.

Thanks!

Yay us! We rock.

And, since talk of Heroes is in the air, I’ll take this opportunity to mention: I missed the first half of Heroes season one because of a negative, too-cool-for-school review of the first episode I read on another major website with a similar demographic. Then, toward the end of the season, when I finally decided to check the show out, I was totally irked. I never get than kind of bad guidance or hipster attitude here. Thanks all!

Merry Festivus…

Now its time to start a 100,000 post betting pool.

Congratulations to us! :slight_smile:

Great siggy, Tesseract!

the thread-count resets itself at the 10,000th post. Ohmygawds I slow

PS And Chuck is the TOOLMAN

http://popsci.typepad.com/popsci/2006/12/chuck_cage_real.html

PPS I’m looking for the “Why Chuck is cool” thread but I can’t seem to find it. Perhaps it being 4am right now could be a considering factor… gawds, my grammar is going next…

PPPS to be fair, I only joined during the middle of this year ~_~

Yay! Happy 10,000th to us!

And, for all you Festivus lovers out there, I ride by this twice a day on the bus and it makes me happy to live in my neighborhood:
Adams Morgan Festivus Pole(sorry, I can’t get the url for the pic)

Starbuck’er… the Toolman started this thread on Dec 23rd, 2007 :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, just about a year ago, we were celebrating 10,000 posts in the forum. Now, just between RMHPH and FT there’s 14,211 posts. My, my, how we have grown.

RIPPED OFF FROM RETURN OF THE JEDI!

CHUCK
Lord Larry, this is an unexpected pleasure.
We’re honored by your presence.

LARRY
You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I’m here to put you back on schedule.

CHUCK
I assure you, Lord Larry, the Alpacas are posting as fast as they can.

LARRY
Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.

CHUCK
I tell you, this forum will be past 20,000 posts as planned.

LARRY
The Cylon God does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

CHUCK
But he asks the impossible. I need more Alpacas.

LARRY
Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.

CHUCK
BoxeyTheBoxed - the embodiment of the Cylon God is coming here?!?

CYLONmatrix
Perhaps you feel you are being treated unfairly?

10,000?!?!?! I could almost buy my own ship for that!! :smiley:

Let’s just say we want to avoid any podholing entanglements.