what anime made you love anime?

Lucky Star…

It is not funny at all. I honestly don’t understand the obsession.

You can’t judge a whole medium by one or a few titles. It would be like judging all of American TV on Earth: Final Conflict or Andromeda.

Who is the “Gene Roddenberry”, and why does he control all American television?

I corrected that for you.

That’s what I’m saying though…If anime was judged by Lucky Star, no one would watch it. Well, at least not me. :stuck_out_tongue:

And Andromeda was AWESOME!

I gotta revise my opinion of Kirameki Project. It’s not as good as I remember it being. Sorry.

Escaflowne (OVA not movie) and anything from the Lodoss series are what got my attention regarding anime. Trigun, Cowboy Beebop, Evangelion are but a few series I would have missed if those two first hadn’t gotten their hooks into me. On the other hand, there are also a lot of anime I wouldn’t have subjected myself to if I didn’t have an attraction to the genre. As a whole, there’s in my opinion a LOT more bad anime then good anime and I’m eager for us North Americans to be less star struck by the exotic nature of the genre so we can be a bit more discriminate about what we praise.

Then again, a rich, varied genre has more chances of having something to cater to everyone’s taste, so who am I to judge?

FLCL, my wife has a thing for witch hunter robin.

The Last Unicorn

I was 8 years old when I first saw it and I fell in love with it, watching it over and over.

The first anime I remember watching is Robotech, particularly Macross. But I don’t think I realized that it was anime since I was a big fan of Thundercats at the time, which was airing on American TV.

The first anime I loved that I knew was anime is Gundam, specifically the movie “War in the Pocket.” When my cousins moved back to the US from Japan, they brought a lot of videos. We watched those videos so much that the tapes became worn out. I grew up building the models and watching all the Gundam shows. I also loved watching Patlabor and DBZ.

Now I mostly just watch Naruto and One Piece.

I don’t think I could say I love anime yet, but I’m getting to be more open-minded. My college boyfriend used to watch a lot of DragonBall Z, and that combined with having to pick up after all the manga left lying all over the place by messy teenagers at the bookstore where I worked left me with a grumpy aversion for a while.

But then I saw Cowboy Bebop, and a few years later, Fullmetal Alchemist. I kind of place those in a category of their own in my head - I don’t expect to find anything else that will measure up, but it could happen … But my boyfriend loves it, so slowly I’m trying more. The first few episodes of Samurai Champloo annoyed (didn’t care for the characters); Fushigi Yugi was silly but fun (more so in the early episodes); and Chobits is cute & good to look at, but stirs the sleeping Angry Feminist inside me …

The anime journey continues!

Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist. Gimme a day or so to think of some titles you may like if you like those two.

Btw, are you aware of the newer Alchemist series?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10216

Or, the movie sequel based after the first series?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4176

And, the Cowboy Bebop movie?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=353