Titan A.E.

I think it’s both. With a little performance art thrown in for good measure.

Ha! Hiveminded.

“Nice Catch!”

It’s not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop at the bottom. :wink:

Alex. What do you think of this movie so far?

The animation is an interesting combination of 3D graphics and standard 2D animation. A little disconcerting.

I don’t know yet. The ‘Hero’ isn’t very endearing. Like you said, he’s an a–hole.

There’s something a bit off-putting about this. I’m not sure what it is yet. I’m finding it difficult to connect with these characters. It’s all so clunky and vague. :frowning:

The animation’s pretty cool. Loving the Drej.

This scene is straight outta Firefly. All we need is Jayne’s cunning hat. :stuck_out_tongue:

“An intelligent guard. Didn’t see that one coming.”

First good bit in the movie. :wink:

So why does the “Bad Guy” need to have the whole army on display in the hanger bay?

“Akima, what happened?”

I’m asking myself the same question…

So now it looks like they are flying through the ‘Badlands’ from DS9.

Like stormtroopers. Each new scene or setting reminds me of something I’ve seen before. Cale flying that Drej ship reminded me of Starbuck and her cylon raider. And their ship looks like an X-wing from the back.

See what I mean! Is scifi really this derivative? Everyone’s borrowing from everyone else.

Most stories are a mix of other stories, but I think you are right, it looks like someone through a whole lot of scripts into a blender and this is what came out.

So the captain, is really nice through the whole story, and then he betrays them, and he then threatens half his crew?

There is derivative, and then there is block copying from other sources…

I see Joss’ hand on a few things, but there were 5 writers on this movie and they clearly didn’t mesh well. And there’s none of Joss’ humor in the dialogue. All in all, Titan A.E. isn’t on par with our usual Whedonsday entertainment.

Ummm hello Firefly :stuck_out_tongue:

As if there wasn’t enough conflict already…

Oh hell no he di’int hit Gune! :mad:

“We’ll beat them there.”

So the bad guy had a massive head start, you are rebuilding an old ship and you are going to catch them.

And by the way, don’t piss off the creature who’s legs are 2/3s their body mass. When she kicks, you will not feel it.