The Walking Dead 2x10 18 Miles Out

When chewing on life’s gristle, don’t grumble–give a whistle!

And this’ll help things turn out for the best! 'Ey…! :smiley:

Wow. They’re fucked. :eek:

Great, leave the two suicidal folks in the room.

This has got to be BKitty’s worst bus nightmare ever.

“Pain doesn’t go away. You just make room for it.”

Well, ain’t that inspirational? :rolleyes:

Busted mirror. Dayum, that’s seven years of bad luck right there! That’s all they needed…

btw the Aisha Tyler podcast “Girl On Guy” with Robert Kirkman was awesome, a bit spoilery, but in a great way.

Andrea’s right, though. People who really want to commit suicide just do it.

Andrea just making friends all over the place. :slight_smile: So much for those cool girl talk wine parties…

You are right, sir. And they usually don’t let you see it coming, or if they do, you don’t believe it.

THREE episodes left this season??! Damn, it’s BSG all over again.

Rick giving Shane back his handgun. Wow, quite an example of trust. I hope it doesn’t backfire on him.

Did I hear this wrong? Did Lori say that Andrea doesn’t need to stand watch because the men will protect them?

Could somebody please clarify this for me.

Personally, I would rather be standing watch for walkers than doing laundry and cleaning all day. On another note, I like the way this show is starting to discuss gender roles in a world that no longer recognizes ‘social roles’.

NEWSFLASH: The Governor has been cast. Guess who it is?

Yeah, personally I think Andrea is much more useful “sunning herself on the top of the RV with a shotgun” than peeling potatoes. Lori is really pissing a lot of us off, frankly. She has a “protector”…two, in fact…She probably needs someone to pop her in the nose. Let’s face it, would you rather have Andrea at your side with 10 Z’s bearing down on you, or Dale? I’d pick Andrea myself. I compare the gender role evolution in TWD to what we’ve seen established in BSG…women can be frakkin awesome fighters too, especially when physical strength matters less than mastery of weaponry.

As to the Gov., I haven’t read the comics yet, but a great Robert Kirkman interview on Aisha Tyler’s podcast kind of shed some light on that arc, and I’m looking forward to it. Altho…I’ll bet somebody is gonna die here and there…

Great show!

I was thinking the same thing, in a post apocalyptic society in what way is gender role maintained when the only true necessity is survival, the same thing applies to class systems, educational and geographical backgrounds. When all of these aspects no longer exist in the world you live in, why do you try to hold on? And worst, place yourself above others?

I don’t like Lori at all and I’ve tried, but I guess she and I have completely different views on things.
I prefer Andrea, she represents a more independent individual who does not depend on anybody for survival. Whereas Lori is fully dependent on others to survive. Funny thing, my mom and I were watching the show and we both said at the same time “pop her in the face!” Lori def. needs a good reality check to get her out of her queen bee, lady MacBeth, mistress of the universe mindset.

The governor arc is GREAT! Oh I wish I could talk about it, but I don’t want to spoil anything for anybody.