The Pacific 1x05 Peleliu Landing

Keep your frakking helmet on

It helps to identify its contents. :eek:

damn…this is amazing

You got some red on you. :eek:

just a flesh wound - Monty Python Holy Grail

Just about the only time you can call the Sherman a better tank: When they’re fighting jap tanks

So…this dude is a dick and he’s frakkin nuts. Faaaaaaaaaaantastic

Or people on foot. :eek:

$30/ounce? Damn, that’s some inflation.

:eek:

ok seriously–what the FRAK!!!

are these things getting shorter–or is it just me?

Stop being so short raaaaaaaaargh

until next time kids!!

It’s a lot easier to get the gold out when they’re not shooting at you or trying to bite you. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, you’re right. This one wasn’t even 45 minutes long.

Still 2 hours until it airs here on the west coast…gah

Jr and I are just getting to the episode now. We should be back to normal time with the rest of you East Coasters next week.

there is one big difference so far about this series and the Band of Brothers.

You hardly ever seen interactions between the soldiers and locals, or captured enemy soldiers.

I understand unlike the Germans, the JIA were fraking suicidal, and the likelihood of capturing a JIA who speaks English is unlikely… but I am pretty sure even then there were Japanese soldiers captured…

And those islands were not uninhabited… but so far i get the feeling that they were. I wish they showed the locals under Japanese control a bit more.

Maybe they will when they get to the point when they retake [strike]Guam[/strike] Guåhan (just realized the name correction has become official)… I hope that’s coming up.

What it’s still Guam

officially not since February of 2010

That’s just a gubernatorial decree, the official vote and crap hasn’t happened yet. Probably won’t happen if only because of cost to change everything