The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe 12/2 @ 10 PM ET

It really is sad that innocence is so often in danger and breeds an atmosphere of fear. That scene should be sweet and heart-warming.

I’ve never read the books. I wonder if Mr. Tumnus had the creepy pedophile vibe in the original source material.

“Four. She met a faun called Tumnus.”

Keep digging that hole, Edmund.

Tilda Swinton really is a strikingly odd-looking woman. Not unattractive, per se, but… odd.

It’s even here between the Queen and Edmund. Giving him sweets.

In the original source, not there.

I feel bad for Edmund. Painting him in a bad light. He’s only a child.

Aw man. When she breaks down and cries, gets me every time.

“You’re not saying you believe her?”

“You don’t.”

Uh oh. Crazy old man.

See how cynical we’ve become.

Or at least me…

I know. Watching this for the time, that really bothered me. She’s the adult — not to mention pure evil — how can he be expected to see through her?

“The MacCready!” :smiley:

“I’m sure it’s just your imagination.”

You tell 'em, Lucy!

Well, taken as a tale about accountability. It teaches great morals. Your actions have repercussions, even though your a child.

“Well, I ain’t gonna smell it. If that’s what you want.” :smiley:

True, but she’s actively manipulating him. Children, especially of that era, are naturally subservient to adults, particularly those that seem like they’re in positions of authority, you know, like a queen. :rolleyes:

That is some setup the Beavers have there.

I’ve been in a Beaver’s home. It wasn’t as nice. Well, actually I slipped, fell , and slid into the Beaver’s home.

OMGs, I finally just broke down and told her I’m going to bed. That woman would not shut up. :eek:

And the sweets helped a bit.

I’ve never been in a beaver hole. :eek:

And they say men are clueless. :rolleyes:

“He’s the bait!”

Masterful. :stuck_out_tongue: