S4.E09 CT Frak Party

I just got home after watching that episode… we’ve got an additional “Head” character now, Head Elosha (along with subsidiary Head Deathbed Roslyn, Husker Adama, Lee and Kara), but with this episode, every time we got a Head Elosha scene, it felt like A Christmas Carol with Roslyn playing a good Scrooge.

I have to say though, seeing Head Kara lose it and turn to Head Lee for comfort and even moreso, once Deathbed Roslyn actually died, seeing Head Husker Adama take off his wedding ring and place it on Roslyn was so moving.

I liked how they ended with a Star Wars Empire Strikes Backesque “I love you scene” with Adama’s response to Roslyn finally breaking down and saying “I love you” with “It’s about time.”

Didn’t it seem like Roslyn and Baltar were acting like an old fighting married couple when they were arguing over how to get hybrid to start making sense? I thought that was pretty funny.

I also thought that the scenes between Baltar and the toaster were probably the longest anyone (human or cylon) had ever talked to any bullet head toaster in cylon history.

Once Baltar got injured though, you could really see how much he has changed though his recent messianic role… he revealed his true feelings to Roslyn; both his secret attraction to her and that he felt guilty for letting Caprica 6 get to close and ultimately started the “flooding of humanity” predicted in Pythia.

Oh, how creepy was that random 8, snooping on Athena’s memories and encroaching on Helo’s marriage!?!?

I can’t wait til next week when all frak breaks loose, Adama JUST got happy by getting together w/ Roslyn, but now he’s got to deal with the fact that his best friend, Tigh, as well as at least Torre and The Chief (I didn’t see or hear anything about Anders or the final cylon from the teaser) are cylons.

OK, I’m off to catch up on all the frak party responses I’ve missed thusfar.

I’m watching it for the second time now.

Get this: newbie me was over in the Pacific TZ frak party gettin’ all wizey crackin’ until sombody clued me to the fact that it doesn’t start airing in the PTZ for another half hour.

I am such a newb.

The biscuit on the nose thing was hilarious.

I almost believed the toaster was going to say something…

I put all my thoughts down as a blog since I couldn’t keep up with you all… LOL

for anyone who is interested… : [ Stephen’s Review ]

Yea, the scene with Baltar and Roslin is my favorite one. Baltar has become the person i love to watch because he is so dynamic, and has this great representation of what it is to be human. That scene made me tear up a little because i was afraid he was gonna die.

Did anyone see the Christ representation in that scene too? Baltar was laying with his arms out like that, kinda like a cruifix, and he had the hole in his left side, can’t say thats a coincidence. I was waiting for him to qoute the bible “My god, why have you forsaken me”.

I found some comedic relief early on when baltar and Roslin were trying to deal with the hybrid, yelling at her; they reminded me of children trying to talk to a chair or something inanimate.

Hey just had a thot.

What if they injured Baltar so he would be in the room when Laura dies?

Yea well I am usually asleep, so I didn’t know either. Problem is the CT party winds down about 15mins after episode finishes.

I can’t keep up with the posts during the party so I want to talk afterwards. But everyone punches out and goes to bed.

Just scanned it. I like what you had to say about (head) Elosha. She is playing the angel on Roslyn’s shoulder.

As much as RDM may deny it. They are drawing much from the Christ well. Earlier I wrote, when Baltar was telling the biscuit story to the tin-can, Parables for Centurions by Gaius Baltar. That cut in Baltar’s side is very familiar to the one Jesus receives on the cross, except on the opposite side which isn’t all that strange since the Last Supper photo is a mirror image also.

RE: Hybrid.
Thank you. I was trying to figure out what that reminded me of. You are so right, that’s exacTly what it was like.

Yeah, and I couldn’t help but think Mary Magdalen when Roslyn was patching him up. But I’m sure there is no connection – my scripture is really weak, it comes from being such a heathen atheist.

Besides, I was mostly thinking, “Frak! that’s a lot of blood. A man bleeds like that, he is going to die.”

This has got to be some of the best space combat footage I’ve ever seen.

Just wanted to mention it.

Hey uh…is Boomer dead now?

Not if you have the fragile body of Gauis Frakkin Baltar. You be protected by the cylon god (whatever that may be).

No she just left the room, unlike Elvis or Cavil who left the building. Oh…wait…crap. Did she have a ride off there?

Callie shot her quite some time ago.

Oh wait, then she came back. I’m not sure what happened to that one now that you mention it.

She was on the Res ship, saw Cavil get neck snapped and ran away…

Dunno.

Maybe she took the last train to Clarksville…

No worries! We have migrated from this frak party to that one and rewatched there more than once. Plus, we heart newbies and Old Guys like Frakkintalos and Solai equally.

I LOVED the way the bullet head cocked his head. It was so canine.

I thought it was in his left side… guesIs I need to learn my scripture before I look for christian symbolism in BSG, lol.

But anyways, I really like the Baltar-Christ figure. Its become something I enjoy following. I just finished re watching seasons one and two earlier today, and I can’t help but to see how much everyone has changed, but especially Baltar. He’s changed from this scientist the president, to the outcast traitor, to the kinda lovable christ figure sexaholic man whore. Forget the many jobs of Helo, Baltar has him beat. Speaking of Helo, how weird was it for people to call him Karl? I was like “Who the Frak is Karl?”.

I enjoyed not seeing Tory this episode, after she killed Cali I’ve been slightly bitter.

K, Boomer was the one rubbing Helo’s neck and confessing to being way to curious for her own good?

Why can’t they just get name tags or T-shirts or something?

I think it was Boomer who was in the goo tub that clearly wasn’t working when Helo had a tough time running away.