Questions for Ron Moore...Now with Answers!

Sounds like you had a wonderful experiance at the con. Thanks for sharing RDM’s answers with all of us.

Cool! Thanks for asking that! Cynical and romantic, eh. That sounds like me…

Sounds like you had a wonderful experiance at the con.

I left out the part about waiting an hour plus on the PRE-REGISTRATION line to get in. :rolleyes:

Also, I will be posting some pictures to the GWC Flickr pool when I upload them sometime this week.

Awesome, thanks for the followup.

It took me a week to think of it, but this would be my new signature if I wasn’t so attached to my current one:
Tickets to Convention: $40
Autographs: $20
Dealer’s Room Shopping: $40
Stumping the creator of Battlestar with a question about his own show: Priceless.
There are some things money can buy, for everything else there is Geekdom.

Pics should be up in the next day or so…

For some reason, I’m reminded of the Saturday Night Live sketch with William Shatner at the Star Trek convention being asked about the combination on his cabin safe… :wink:

From io9:

We ask Ron Moore what happened to Starbuck at the end of BSG

At the Caprica roundtables, we finally got to sit next to Ronald D. Moore. And we couldn’t resist asking him: What was the deal with Starbuck at the end of Battlestar Galactica? Here’s what he said.

She is what you want to think of her. It was left deliberately nebulous and vague. And I think she was a representative of an entity that didn’t like to be called God, but everybody else talked about it in godlike terms. If you want to call her an angel, you could say that. She went through a resurrection story that was very Christlike. And you know, what are the implications of that? I felt, as I went into the finale, that the more I defined exactly what she was, the less interesting she became. And so I just made a choice to go out on a more ambiguous note, and to let people argue about it perpetually.

I can accept that answer. For me, I’d like to say she was an angel.

Agreed… though I like that it isn’t explicit. :slight_smile: But then again, I like BSG’s ending

I still don’t understand the reluctance to accept Starbuck as an angel of God, or tool of the Powers That Be, or what have you. The last half season (after her return from the maelstrom) was more or less telegraphing that idea to us, wasn’t it? The presence of a ‘higher power’ at work goes back right to the beginning of the show. For that reason I was fine with the ending, and with its ambiguity on that subject.

On a related note, our own Audra was able to actually ask Ron and David a question during the Caprica panel! No spoilers here, but it was pretty neat to see her there at the mic with Ron Moore thoughtfully answering her. Rack up another cool point for the Coolest One. :slight_smile:

Don’t read the comments. They’re infuriating

I liked the ending as well. Religion/Spirituality/whatever you want to call it was present in BSG from the very beginning. So Starbuck turning out to be some sort of Angel was not a shock to me at all. Makes me want to watch the finale again!

I don’t see that being a problem at all. :slight_smile: We should all make a date in the near future and frak party the finale. :slight_smile:

I’ve kept the BSG finale on my TiVo DVR just for that purpose.

As opposed to frakking the finale, which is what we did at the first meetup.

Hard to believe we ever got that room cleaned up. :smiley:

I actually thought she was head-Starbuck for the last three episodes, so when she vanished I did a fist pump.

Only reading this now, but thanks Fenetic for the report! Great questions, and interesting answers.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with Ron (and his pretty hair :D).