Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.08 The Well **** SPOILERS ****

Sweden and Norway are two different countries? It thought they were just states of the Viking Nation.

Thread posted HERE. Sorry. I got busy and I’m still catching up myself. I just hope the DVR stays under 100% for a few more days…

What 5th said!

I disagree. I think its just starting to get good. LOTS of setup with this topic area which is surprising given what it’s coming from, but nonetheless true.

I have a few short thoughts that haven’t been brought up in here yet…

So post-Asgardian invasion 2 timeframe, Professor Randolph doesn’t seem overly concerned about the “We Are Gods” news story and when Coulson’s team shows up asking about the Berserker Staff he wasn’t even concerned about any linkage. We find out later that Randolph is an Asgardian but if I was an Asgardian professor even in disguise I’d be frantically gobbling up information related to the events of Thor 2 and any related events. Just seemed like something that wouldn’t happen in real life to me.

Of course, if you go back and rewatch the episode Professor Randolph does a fascinating job and doesn’t give a thing away when Coulson and company give him the 3-D model of the Berserker staff.

Ward obviously has some issues he has yet to deal with. I just don’t think it is all related to The Well. Rather it probably has to do with the people in that well sequence instead.
It’s interesting how Ward actively avoids talking with Skye about his past and relies on May instead.

So Randolph mentioned to Ward that the physical effects will wear off soon, but the rage will take a few decades to wear off. Basically for the show’s run Ward will never be the same since I doubt we’ll be watching this show 40-50 years from now.

When May takes over in the fight, it’s incredible. When he sets the staff down after the fight? Even more incredible. I love watching her character. Rarely is she ever flustered.

In the ratings department for this week Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. posted a 6.89 rating, up 0.22 from last week leaving a new season average of 8.075. On the other hand Person Of Interest pulled a 12.28, down .32 from last week and leaving a new season average of 12.32. With the holidays now upon us it might not be until the January/February timeframe until these shows really start giving us some decent ratings to compare again.

~SO

I’m assuming at the point that Ward was the one looking down into the well and his brother was in the well. I don’t see any reason why not and the fact that he remembers what was said up top leads me to believe that’s the situation. If I’m wrong, please correct me.

Based on that, I think that a bully either threw Ward’s brother into a well, or Wards brother threw Ward’s friend into a well. Ward wanted to save the throwee, but the thrower convinced him not to, long enough that the throwee drowned. Ward blames himself for letting the bully bully him into not doing the right thing and thereby actually doing a horribly wrong thing. And either his brother is dead, or murdered someone.

That’s as good of an explanation as any.

ACK! Sorry Shooter - hope it didn’t give anything away. Mum’s the word on Arrow, but since I’ve heard the Legends guys mention “Listener Shooter”, I think you’ll really dig their Starling City Tribune 'cast! :slight_smile:

Oh! Sounds interesting. I’ll have to check it out sometime.