GWC Wikipedia Entry

Wrt wikipedia, I suggest waiting. The Eve community tried getting Clear Skies added, but we were shot down. And, one of the people who used his veto powers against us was the creator of Red vs. Blue. ): So, imagine what happens if there’s conflict of interest from other podcasters against GWC.

Even after all the notability and awards Clear Skies has won, there’s still no stub. Sucks, but that’s how it is.

I still think we should go after the award. Simply because the Crue deserve the recognition.

I was thinking. another podcast that I used to listen to Binary Revolution never got a Wikipedia entry but the host did…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stankdawg

Perhaps we are attempting to get the wrong thing listed first. Maybe the first thing to do is get the Crue entered into wikipedia as a first step toward recognition of the 'cast and community. Read Stankdawgs entry, I think we could make it happen from that direction.

what do you think?

I still think we’re better off trying to get the entire 'cast an entry first. Just as there are strict notability requirements for online media, there are strict requirements for people. Looking at the entry you linked to, that person had notability far beyond just the podcast you listened to. He was part of other media projects, wrote quite a bit for a notable periodical, was a major member of a notorious hacking group, and has presented at DEF CON.

As awesome as they are, the cruë’s fame stems pretty much exclusively from GWC. While you’re welcome to try to get some pages written on them, you’d have a heck of a time trying to gather enough sources to satisfy the requirements and not have them promptly deleted.

Also, I think we’re definitely still going for the award. I don’t think anyone was arguing a counterpoint on that one.

I have not been able to go back and check, but I believe both Chuck and Audra are published writers. I am pretty sure Chuck did some writing for Pop/Sci. as well as Wired and consumer research.

And please don’t get me wrong, Most times I post an idea to spark a conversation from which the actual right answer may be revealed.

I am also not trying to split our focus. I think we need to focus on the podcast awards and see that through to a successful conclusion.

…we can rough-draft the material on fan sites, inching closer all the while!

Pardon my ignorance, but podcasting seems respected (millions of people listen) and independent of its creators (I know many of us download via iTunes, which unless i have been greatly misinformed is quite independent of GWC)

Where am i off?

Times has changed since the 15 months of this thread’s last post maybe?

Hrm. Slice of SiFi got a mention.