Game of Thrones 2x09 Blackwater

That episode. God damn. Gods damn. Gods daaaaaaaamn.

Did you pick up how few Main Cast member names appeared during the Credits? I counted them, 11 and some of them like Charles Dance only were there for a few seconds of the episode.

You know nothing Keir Hansen. :smiley:

They would be both bloody and then drink some Ale together.

This show really gives Bronn more great witty dialogue than GRRM.

Yeah, this was like Sansa’s episode. She was in so many scenes and held herself against Cersei and The Hound.

Drunken Cersei. How often have we seen her this season drinking cups of wine? :smiley:

Ahhhh, now I understand it! Watched the episode w/out subtitles in the early moment and didn’t understand everything what Shae said.

And you can decide which dose you want.

Yeah that didn’t seem all that smart. The first guy always dies. As does the 51st. You want to be, like 101st at best.

I mentioned "I’d get some friends to pick up a boat and carry it to the wall. 5 seconds later, they did it :slight_smile:

Good episode. Thanks to all the people who know by reading what’s going to happen for not spoiling anything. I about crapped my pants when Tyrion’s face got slashed. I half expected the top right half of his head to slide off.

Just watched the episode… I rarely have the urge to do a rewatch until the season is over, but this episode… I’m watching it AGAIN!

High points and love have already been covered by many of you, but Tyrion’s rallying speech was fucking brilliant, the bit between Bron & the Hound was a GREAT addition, and Cersei almost offing her son and herself just before Tywin comes to the rescue… damn.

Also, Magic Green Napalm is AWESOME… that was a fantastic battle.

So much goodness jammed into an hour without ever feeling “crowded”… this is TV drama at its very best.

I was expecting, based on the books, for the wound to Tyrions face to be MUCH worse… to where you truly thought “there is no goddamn way he can live after that”. Have to keep Dinklage handsome I suppose, but that rankled a bit.

I figured they wouldn’t take his nose off purely for logistical reasons but it makes me kinda fearful of how they’re gonna handle other grave injuries later in the series.

Yeah I was wondering about a certain sequence with one of the “other Lions” and how that is going to play out… I too figured they wouldn’t take his nose off because of the budget it would take to do it (CG removal on every frame) but I was expecting his face to get some SERIOUS damage, and was a bit vexed that he’ll just have “A manly scar” instead…

There are a lot of points of divergence from the books in the series, and most of them I’m happy with, but some do disappoint me (the lack of the river folk and Bran for example)

Also, I know this is a random bit to notice (especially given my personally prefences) but when Bron was with the Dog, and the whore was being undressed, I was distracted thinking “So… when did certain forms of “grooming” come in to play in Westeros?” (I’m trying to say this in a non-crude/offensive manner)

Alright I’m here for the refrak, I figure we’ll start at 9:05 to allow for stragglers

alright I’m starting

I’m here sweetie

Hello there sweetie! hugs

Written by George RR Martin!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I do like Davos- so sensilble

I think they eliminated Davos’ 4 other sons

I’m okay with that.

What part are you at? I might be a few minutes ahead of you.

Finally! The music!

Bronn has undressed to the whore and has her on his lap…now in comes the hound