Fantasy, historical, etc., based anime suggestions

I gotta add Durarara!! to the list.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10947

Omra’s Darker than Black recommendation in another thread worked out well too.

I have to Add Prince of Tennis (the 1st series + Nationals, havnt seen PoT 2.0 but hear that it’s a complete rewrite and retconns EVERYTHING)
Hikaru no Go is awesome, especially if you are interested in the game of Go, there are mini tutorials on how to play after the credits of almost every episode

I do not think it has been mentioned… Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I also have enjoyed Tokyo Majin, and on the Comedic side (and a lot of fan service) Those who hunt Elves.

D Grey Man seems promising, have yet to finish it. Lost interest in Trinity Blood, maybe one day I will go back and finish it… Queens Blade grew tiresome and its novelty wore off fast… Sacred Blacksmith is another I started and have not finished…

Oh, duh! Of course I must recommend Kore wa Zombie desu ka? A bizarre mixture of action, horror, satire and Harem comedy. It worked for me.

And for a blend of fantasy, sci Fi and slice of life with a lot of comedy; the old classic Tenchi Muyo! is hard to beat.

Another series that I believe falls into fantasy is Ah My Goddess, I really enjoyed it. But avoid the OAV, stick to the series. And a movie I just watched which has very strong Miyazaki influences and falls into the fantasy catagory is Children who chase lost voices.

Helps to include the Japanese title, Hoshi o Ou Kodomo. I watched and enjoyed it too.

For the longest time you recommended Origin, but I knew it as Gin-iro no kami no Agito.