Cosmos 1x02 One Voice in the Cosmic Fugue

Except with fewer forehead ridges.

Well, some of them. Most of them were horrible failures. Like most mistakes. :slight_smile:

waiting for new sexual positions

Hey baby let’s do it pre-historic.

That looks like Godzilla.

You would think that some would learn from their mistakes…

reptiles are way cooler than monkeys; i want them as my ancestors…

Dude, did the flowers kill the dinosaurs?

First Humans

thinking of the opening of History of the World, Part 1

Must. Pull. Brain. Out. Of. Gutter.

Carl runs through some things really fast, but it was an asteroid that killed the dinos the last time, although there are some researcher that think it was due to massive volcanic activity at the time.

All this classical music while talking about sex…am I going to get excited on my next elevator trip?

Guess what, you did have reptiles as relatives but that’s going back really far.

He just said starfish. I am going to hell.

He sort of glosses over it, but I recently read something about how they think the invention of sex really worked. Basically, it was an attempt to eat another critter that sort of went wrong. I like to think that’s really the same thing we do now. :slight_smile:

Don’t wait, I’ll take the next car.

i’m just going to skip the monkey branch of the tree. no one will notice if they’re not invited to reunions.

So what caused the brains to get bigger? Did I miss something? Was it just part of evolution? Brains makes smarter and better survivor. Is that it?

I so wanted to write a blog post about updating the science in Cosmos, I just don’t have the time. Arrgg.

And Aunt Bobo is such a gossip too.

This 4 billion years in 40 seconds is cool.

I always thot the evolution tree branch was such a poor representation. One point of origin and all.