A cry for help: "OG" - who or what am I?

Original gangsta?

I remember seeing some Germans when I was stationed in Germany who thought they were OGs. It was some pretty funny stuff. This one kid had had like four bandanas tied off to his head. I wish I had a picture.

Actually, this is a funny thing. A long time back we off-handedly added a title for those who’d exceed 1,000 posts figuring “hey, no one’ll ever actually post that much.” The title: OG.

…as in “Original GWCer,” borrowed directly from “Original Gansta.” We’ve used the term before to refer to those who were here back in the beginning when we were operating in a much smaller space.

Anyway, it was so long ago that we did this that it took me completely by surprise. I actually thought, “Who did that?” Answer: me. I did it. Months and months ago, when there were about 1,000 posts on the whole site.

So, GR, it looks like you’re an OG. Enjoy it!

Well, I guess that makes me an “Official Geek”

Congrats Bro !! OG !! All Hail…

GALAXY RANGER …Original GWCer !!!

…possibly the final Cylon.

obviously quality posts weren’t a factor… KIDDING !!

So why don’t Solai and Pike have the ‘OG’ title?

They’re Moderators…with great power comes great loss of OG.

Ah, it all makes sense now.

Wow, congrats GR!!!

Congratulations GR. “O Greatone”.

Okay (whispering) here’s the plan, Topgun. You and I need to form an Alliance, comibining my 200 posts with your 800 posts. The resulting superhero, named, TopThotFullyGunGuy, will achieve OG status and conquer all that we see before us.

Awww, I’m remembering the 10,000th post celebration now…good times. Good times.:slight_smile:

would this count me as an OG?
http://www.galacticawatercooler.com/2006/09/27/kara-thrace-warrior-painter/#comments

Ah… [makes Ricardo Montalban gesture] thank you all for attending the party.

You may be seated.
Oh, Topgun, you forgot to bring a chair? Guess you’ll have to sit on Solai’s lap then.

Now, I have prepared a speech for this outstandingly grand occasion:

[kind of embarrassed] Actually it’s just a slip of paper and it says

“Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes!”
All right, now that we’re done with the formalities, everybody have some paaaaah and then we’ll open the harem in an hour or so!

[wild cheers]

No, seriously, thank you everybody - I’m baffled and I don’t even deserve this, look at my join date and you’ll see that there’s at least a thousand other folks who are more “original” than me.
I’ve enjoyed posting a thousand posts, even though now, there’s absolutely no point in denying that I am INDEED an “official geek” - but I’m in good company and there’s always Solai and Pike who paved the way in the 1000s.
And yes, ThotFullGuy, you may tell anybody you meet about my story in the Excel thread. :slight_smile:

Sean, could you design me something for an OG t-shirt? I’ll send y’all a picture.

And now, I’ll have myself a little breakfast celebration, get my hands on the new BSG episode and take a little advantage of my new harem.

[spoiler]IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN !!![/spoiler]

[COLOR=silver]Sincerely meow,

Chris the Galaxy Ranger

[/COLOR]

I just came up with another meaning for “OG” - it involves the name “Gräfenberg”…

:eek: Easy there Baltar…:o

At least you aren’t the OGC…

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/23/graphic-graphic-uk-o.html

That’s an adventure in graphic design, though. Sean might comment perhaps?

LOL !! What does that say about the human brain, that such an innocuous symbol instantly becomes recognizeable as, well, you know.:slight_smile: We’re doomed.

I would comment on that if I had one.

Some graphic designer is making double what otherwise would have been paid for such a work? That almost had to be deliberate and sounds like something ripped from the pages of the BOFH. Yes, we’re doomed.

Alrighty?

I’ll take fries with that.