#318: Avengers I, Hulk

Hulk

Never followed the Hulk that much comic-wise, he was not that interesting to me. Though I did follow him for awhile when Banner figured out how to control the Hulk and essentially live as the Hulk, that was interesting for a short period, and then there was a series of issues where Banner built a machine which allowed him to transport himself (as the Hulk) to different planets and have adventures. I followed that for awhile…

Then he became a bouncer at a nightclub, and turned grey … I lost interest again.

Because they changed the origin (the movies), I suppose they were following the TV show more than the comic (my guess), they cut out a character. Rick Jones, Banner’s one true friend and confidant. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Jones_(comics)[b]

Who to have a drink with:

[/b]I broke this down multiple ways:

1)Who would be the most fun to drink with in terms of sheer entertainment value.

2)Who might I have the best rapport with, and really enjoy being with.

3)Who would I most like to hear fantastical and eye popping stories from, and learn things from.

4)Who is really awesome and might ‘put out’ after an evening of drinks and conversation.

So I used those parameters to try and figure out who might make the best drinking companions. I’ll let you guess who scored the highest in those varied categories, it shouldn’t be that hard… This is in no real order (kinda just as they came to me) and spans comics, television and movies.

Ambush Bug
Harley Quinn (very entertaining but I may wind up dead by the end of the evening…)
John Constantine
General George Hammond (of Texas)
Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo)
Deadpool (very entertaining but I may wind up dead by the end of the evening…)
Kenzi (from Lost Girl)
Dr. Helen Magus
Doctor Who (any but the most recent)
Nymphadora Tonks
Doctor Indiana Jones (So cool and laid back, and OOOOoohhhh the stories he could tell…)
Tank Girl
Willow Rosenberg
Chiana (I better watch my wallet, and jewelry…)
Sheriff Jack Carter (So cool and laid back, and OOOOoohhhh the stories he could tell…)

Oh, another great drinking buddy of course would be Captain Jack Harkness.

I’d have to pick the venerable Captain James T Kirk as a great guy to have a few drinks with. Awesome stories, he probably scores free drinks at every Starfleet base in the galaxy, and he’s damn good in a fight when some Klingon bastard gets mouthy (as is Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott, but I have the feeling you’d end up having to carry him home more often than not. Sorry Scotty.)

The ONLY negative I can think of with Kirk is that you’d have to arrange for a ride home beforehand, because if Kirk’s driving, you KNOW you’re getting ditched and left behind for the hot green babe three tables over.