#296: Star Wars Vehicles

For reference, the Catalyst that Chuck referred to is from Eve Online. It’s a destroyer class, and the hull is also used as a light interdictor (the Eris).

Yeah, love the Mon Calamari ships.

For anybody that is really internested in Star Wars ships and vechicles, you should check out the game Empire at War. It is one of my favorite RTS games ever, and is sort of like an RTS version of the X-wing/TIE Fighter game series.

And it looks like an eyeball, so it is a Tigh-Wing.

Agree, They also look slick. Remember them from way back the Star Wars Rebellion game.

Even though it is mostly built for speed, from the four main Alliance fighters, the A-Wing is my favorite. Heck, it even took out the bridge of the Super-StarDestroyer.

For capital ships, yeah, I prefer the Organic look from the Mon Calamari. Does the Forces of Corruption Add-On bring something new and exciting for Empire at War?

I always liked the design and potentials of the Chiss (Admiral Thrawn’s species) Clawcraft:

Vote for your favorite GWC Podcast 296 quote(s). This poll will close on December 4th, 2011 at 10:48 PM.

Not really. Not too much for the Alliance, the Empire gets new fighters and the Super Star Destroyer (by the time you get it, you’ve probably won the game anyway so it’s not so much a game winner as a fun toy). The “best” part about it is the 3rd faction where you play as underworld forces against both the Empire and Alliance, but just kind of felt off to me.

Now I did find online a conversion that made the game Stargate-based, but it’s still in pre pre beta and had lots of problems.

For capital ships, yeah, I prefer the Organic look from the Mon Calamari. Does the Forces of Corruption Add-On bring something new and exciting for Empire at War?

Kinda. There is a totally new faction with is a bit overpowered, but cool. 90% of my play time in Empire at War was in Galactic Conquest, in which the new faction, the Zahn Consortium was again annoying and overpowered. However there were some great Mods that limited Galactic Conquest to 2 factions, which I really liked, because you could use all the new Imperial and Rebel units without the annoying Zahn. Zahn was fun to play as to, and was not so overpowered as not to be fun, more just annoying to play against.

I didn’t catch the name either…anyone know what it was?

Oh and welcome to the forum 2bites!